KLD is looking for a dynamic and personable project director to lead our team of lighting designers in our projects from early conception to successful site completion. His or her role will be across the whole project spectrum; externally to manage and coordinate, consult with the client and the client’s project team, the project’s site contractors and the lighting suppliers involved; internally to motivate, stimulate and guide our lighting design team to creative and high quality deliverables, commensurate with a professional and internationally respected lighting design practice. In addition to leading the design team, he or she will also be tasked with assisting the principal and office manager in further developing business opportunities for the company.
- Business Manager, Designer, Engineer, Interior Designer, Architect, Industrial Designer or similar profile, knowledge of applied lighting design preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience
- Enthusiasm, passion, great determination and personal commitment to complete projects successfully
- Analytical and social skills with an ability to judge and react diplomatically but decisively to manage clients expectations and ensure good management of the projects
- Experience of follow-up and on-site assistance lighting adjustment is required
- Understanding / experience in lighting physics, photo metrics and knowledge of lighting calculation software applications a plus
- Understanding / experience in architectural drawing, graphic and computer software programs (AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe, Office, etc.) required.
- Internationally-oriented open minded personality
- Professional knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Ability and capacity to coordinate within the company with the team and the principal in order to achieve the best project outcome for our clients
- Management, organization and leadership skills allowing for the smooth and effective management of our team and projects
- Great sense of responsibility and determination to take up a key position in our practice with potential growth to partnership
- Team player with autonomous attitude
- Management, judgement and decision-making skills allowing to handle arbitrations with clients and/or enterprises